The Early Days of a Better Nation

Sunday, March 30, 2014



Events for April

I have two events at the Glasgow literary festival AyeWrite!. The first, on Friday 4 April, is a panel in memory of Iain Banks, with reminiscences and readings by me, Ron Butlin, and other friends of Iain.

4 Apr 2014 6:00 P.M - 7:00 P.M at the Mitchell Library

The second, on Thursday 10 April, is a conversation between me and Robert Shearman (Dr Who writer, horror writer, former Writer in Residence on the MA Creative Writing course, and all-round good guy) on what the future holds and the present conceals.

10 Apr 2014 6:00 P.M - 7:00 P.M at the Mitchell Library

The following week, I'm giving a two-hour workshop at the Edinburgh Science Festival, on The Science in your Science Fiction: How to get it right. It'll cover inspiration, research, the dark arts of infodumping and incluing, and much else, and will conclude with a not-too-scary writing exercise.

Date: 16 April 2014, starting at 6 pm at the National Library of Scotland. Suitable for ages 14 and up, it costs £10 / £8.

2 Comments:

I managed to catch you on the 10th. Enjoyed the talk, wish I could catch you in Edinburgh as it would be useful for me to gain some more research tips for science in your fiction.
thanks

Post a Comment


Home